This year we continue to implement several measures to keep our community safe, including temperature checks, regular cleaning, sanitising of desks and restricting the number of visitors allowed into the school. As we are in a highly fluid time with new information becoming available regularly, the plan is likely to be revised several times during the year. Below you can read the inspectorate report on the operation of our Covid-19 Response plan, the Covid-19 Response itself and information on wellbeing initiatives at our school during this pandemic era.
During periods when the school is closed, our online learning plan includes the following protocols:
(pages 48-52 were added in April 2021 on the reopening of the school)
Ice Cream for Everyone
Activity Clubs take place at lunch times and we've had lots of theme weeks such as Diversity Week, Active Week, Languages Week and Mathematics Week. We even organised an ice cream van to visit the school one Friday afternoon.
Congratulations to everyone for keeping our school safe and finding ways to improve our quality of life during these extraordinary times.
1. Ice Cream Afternoon
2. Bingo Afternoon
3. Student Assemblies by Zoom
4. Club Activities at Lunch Time
5. Christmas Variety Show
6. Livestreaming Classes to Students in Social Isolation
7. Drama Workshops for Every Class - Wellbeing Theme
8. Online Training Day to Prepare for a Non-Stressful Transition to Online Learning if Necessary
9. Launch of Morning Yoga Classes in December
10. Students' Council raising the flags of the school, the country and the EU for celebration days
11. Pancake Days - start the day with pancakes before first class
12. Student v Parent Debate
13. Online Chess Competition
14. Online National Debate Competition for all Educate Together secondary schools
15. End of year treat - burger and chips for everyone
16. Livestreamed Summer Concert
Thanks to everyone for playing your part in raising spirits, keeping to the plan and helping the work of the school continue!