NOTIFYING THE SCHOOL OF ABSENCES
(a) Procedures for notification of student absences to the school:
- The school opening times are:
Wednesday: 08.30 - 13.00
- Students should arrive around 08.20 to give themselves a few minutes to get organised at the lockers and then get to their tutor group on time for 08.30
- If your child is going to be absent, please contact the school office on the first day of the absence by phone (0404 33060) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If the absence is going to be longer than three days, a medical certificate will be required
- The roll call for the day is taken during the tutor time from 08.30 to 08.45 - if your child is not there, they will be marked absent for the day and you will receive a text during the morning if you haven't contacted the school to explain the reason for the absence.
- If a student arrives late for school, the student must go to the school office and get a late stamp on their journal - this late will go on their record and will lead to a sanction if the trend continues.
- If a student needs to leave the school early due to a medical appointment for example or for some other important reason, parents must contact the school by email to organise the details. The school will follow up with a phone call if needed.
Our attendance policy is available at this link: Attendance Policy