This year Educate Together is developing a new secondary school in Wicklow Town and the fundamental principles of democracy and diversity will be seen at work right from the start. At Educate Together, we are passionate about bringing learning to life - through discussion and debate, critical thinking and problem-solving, creativity and communication. We believe in methodologies that make learning make sense.
There is no bigger adventure than to build a school together. We want to be innovative and listen to all ideas that can help us build a better school. Thank you for visiting our website and we hope you find our way of looking at education refreshing and inspiring. For further information, please feel free to contact us.
1. Model United Nations Conference for First Years and Second Years
2. General Election Event at the School - all candidates invited to debate their policies
3. Curriculum Innovation: (a) The Creativity Project; (b) Guitar on the Curriculum; (c) Gardening; (d) Philosophy;
4. Multi-Whiteboard Room for group work and project work - let's make group work meaningful!
5. Developing a blended learning approach to screen time and screen-free time - writing, technology, speaking and social time are all ways of learning actively
6. Let's learn how to keep time - no bells needed!
7. Public Speaking Training - structuring speeches, learning to answer questions confidently, being better listeners, speaking to big audiences
8. School Festival - Concert, Sports Day, Social Time - Emphasis on Participation
9. Oral Exams in all subjects at Easter - let's talk about our learning!
10. Students on the Board of Management and the Advisory Board of Studies - bringing students to the heart of building a great new school!